Owner Pastry Chef David Benton started Sugarsweet Cookie + Cake Studio in 2009 baking in his duplex kitchen in East Oakland. Self-taught with only youtube tutorials and baking books to guide him, David spent the next few years perfecting recipes and selling his scrumptiously beautiful pastries online from his duplex. Combining his love for delicious old fashioned baked goods with a modern artistic twist on design--Sugarsweet became a sought-after success making it one of the busiest online bakeries in the Bay Area.
Our mission is to simply provide baking that is real and uncomplicated. We stay true to scratch baking traditions, never using chemicals or preservatives. Everything we serve is handmade in our own kitchen and designed by the most talented and creative pastry chefs. Stop by Sugarsweet and see for yourself how Twentieth-century baking meets Twenty-first century design.
We do birthday cakes, wedding cakes, anniversary cakes, and cakes for just about any occasion you can imagine. We can accommodate you best if we have at least 48 hours notice for your special order. Cake prices include a border and a personalized message. Additional custom decoration is possible with one-two week advance notice at an additional cost. Please place orders on our website, in person or by telephone. We do not take orders by e-mail or on social media.
- Custom cake prices are subject to change depending on design, details, complexity of decoration and serving size. In general all custom cakes start at $125. Exact quotes are available from customer service staff only, and are good for that business day.
- In order to hold a date, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required--the remaining balance is due 10 business days prior to the event. Orders placed within 10 business days of the delivery date have to be paid in full at order placement.
- All dessert orders and holds over $20 must be prepaid.
- Cancellations: refunds on prepaid cakes will be issued as store credit only and must be requested outside of the ordering time-table (e.g., a ten inch cake must be cancelled at least four days prior to the scheduled pick-up to receive store credit).
- Please plan ahead for your special event cakes. We take orders on a first come, first served basis, and are sometimes unable to fulfill all order requests.
5855 MacArthtur Blvd
Oakland, CA 94605
DECORATIVE COOKIE DESIGNER
BAKERY FRONT DESK CASHIER